Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings


I meant to write this post a long, long time ago, but never got around to it. I somehow feel obligated to write it now, so here goes the somewhat less inspired blog post of the Gillian Welch and David Rawlings show on February 16 at the Variety Playhouse in L5P, Atlanta:

This concert was really fun! Ryan came in town for the weekend and I went behind his back and bought tickets to the show. Since the show was sold out, I contacted a ticket broker to get tickets. Only after I bought the tickets for more than 2X their price did they release MORE tickets to the show. Ahhhh, that sucked. Anyway, I was glad that we would get to go see Gillian play, and I had the money to buy the tickets, so it was all good. It would have been nice to pay less for them though.

Before the show, Ryan and I ate dinner at the Yacht Club in L5P. It has ok food. The guacamole was flavorless and if you want good guac go to the place across the street. Anyway, we had a nice loud smokey dinner.

We got to the Variety really early because I was being anal and wanted to make sure that our tickets were real. They were! Since we were there so early, we got to stand right in front of the stage. We were literally 3 feet from Gillian and David. It was really cool. They were so good. They sang 'Miss Ohio' which is one of my favorite songs, and the new song by Ryan Adams that is so good. What is it's name? I can't remember. Anyway, the concert was awesome, and if you can see Gillian you should.

No comments: