Monday, September 04, 2006

The Dash


This labor day weekend I drove to Winston-Salem to visit Ryan. I drove up there on Friday right after my 11-12am class. There was a little bit of traffic, but I managed to get there in time for dinner at around 6pm. Ryan and I went out to eat with his roommate, Yuval, and Yuval's girlfriend Amy, at the West End Cafe. After dinner, Ryan and I went to the art district of Winston-Salem to browse the galleries. On the first Friday of every month the galleries stay open from 7-10pm for late night shopping. They also block off the streets so that people can walk around, dance to the bands, and drink. We capped the night off by grabbing a glass of wine at the wine bar nearby with Yuval and Amy.

The next morning we woke up and played some tennis. After showering, Ryan took me on a surprise visit to the Raylen Winery. It was a gorgeous day, and it was so peaceful there. We tasted about 10 wines, bought two bottles, and sat in the rocking chairs they have feeling very happy:).


On our way back to W-S, we stopped at the local BBQ joint for some lunch. It was called Snook's and was so so good.




We went to Tanglewood Park, right near the wineries, to read and relax. Then we went back to W-S and went out to eat at the Village Tavern in Reynolda Village (near Wake Forest). It was really good too!

The next day, we got up and went to Wake Forest to study. Then we played a bit more tennis (I like to play even though I stink it up), and then waited for Jen and Adam to come into town. We wanted to go grab sushi at this restaurant called Ishi, but the internet lied to us and it was closed on Sunday. We ended up at the Village Tavern again, and it was very good again!

On Monday we woke up and bummed around a while. Ryan had class at 1pm, so we both left at around 12:20pm. I arrived in Atlanta at around 6:30 (lots and lots of traffic). All in all it was a great weekend with my boy.

No comments: